The first step is to consider what area interests you the most; it’s always easier to choose something that you have some degree of interest in because you will be more likely to best absorb the materials and take action.
If you’re a beginner and not sure what area interests you most I recommend you read one of the following blogs I’ve written that are geared for beginners on these topics:
- Get Over Your Fears and Take Action Today!
- Do You Feel Like You’re Coasting Through Life? Turn Off Autopilot!
- Quit gifting your financial freedom to the government
- Start working for yourself without quitting your job!
- Stop Justifying the Cost of a Bigger House, You Are Imprisoning Yourself!
- What’s the Real Cost of Wanting More?
- Change The Way You Think About Purchases, Quit Being A Slave To Your Possessions
- Want to Achieve Financial Freedom? Stop Spending So Damn Much!
- Are You a Slave to Consumerism?
- The Most Important Step to Retire Early
- How Can I Make Money In Real Estate?
- Want to Invest in Real Estate But Don’t Know Where to Start?
- Your House is a Liability, Not an Asset
- Real estate investing is based on facts, not emotions!
- How to Perform a Real Estate Cashflow Analysis
- Save An Hour of Salary, Prevent a Day and a Half of Work in the Future
- Do you invest in mutual funds? You could be giving away your financial freedom!
There is no single writing style that will help motivate everyone. While blogs are light reading and intended to skim the surface, books can help fill in the blanks. Take the time to browse these books which I strongly recommend. In different ways each and every one of these have made a solid impact on where I am today.
- Catch Fire: How to Ignite Your Own Economy
- Millionaire Teacher: The Nine Rules of Wealth You Should Have Learned in School
- The Wealthy Barber & The Wealthy Barber Returns
- The Automatic Millionaire: A Powerful One-Step Plan to Live and Finish Rich
- Early Retirement Extreme: A Philosophical and Practical Guide to Financial Independence
- Real Estate Investing in Canada: Creating Wealth with the ACRE System
- Secrets of the Canadian Real Estate Cycle: An Investor’s Guide
- 81 Financial and Tax Tips for the Canadian Real Estate Investor
- 97 Tips for Canadian Real Estate Investors 2.0
- Real Estate Joint Ventures: The Canadian Investors Guide to Raising Money and Getting Deals Done
- Landlording: A Handymanual for Scrupulous Landlords and Landladies Who Do It Themselves
- The Intelligent Investor: The Definitive Book on Value Investing
- Buy High, Sell Higher: Why Buy-and-Hold Is Dead And Other Investing Lessons from CNBC’s “The Liquidator”: Joe Terranova
- Getting Started in Options
- The Innovator’s Dilemma: The Revolutionary Book That Will Change the Way You Do Business
- How to Make Big Money in Your Own Small Business: Unexpected Rules Every Small Business Owner Needs to Know
- Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity
- The 4-Hour Workweek
- Midas Touch: Why Some Entrepreneurs Get Rich-And Why Most Don’t: Donald J. Trump, Robert T. Kiyosaki, Mark Burnett
I’ll leave you with this as a starting point. while it may seem overwhelming remember that you don’t need to read all of these. Instead, just read what interests and motivates you. Take tiny steps and continue to take action. That’s what the most important.
Go ahead and get started, read a few blogs, browse a few pages of each book on Amazon for free before deciding to buy any, grab 1 or 2 and after a bit of reading your motivation and inspiration will guide you.
Most importantly, don’t ever give up. Once today is gone you can’t get it back.